Your use of this Site (other than accessing these Terms and the associated privacy policies) will be taken as an implicit acknowledgement by you that the Terms will form a binding contractual agreement between you (the user of the Site) and LifePsyche Pty Ltd (us, we).
For this reason, these Terms are important and you should ensure that you read them carefully and contact us with any questions before you use the Site.
We can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the Site you acknowledge and agree that you have had sufficient chance to read and understand the Terms and you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site.
1. Licence to use Site
- We grant you a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use the Site in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in these Terms.
- You may access and use the Site (including any incidental and permissible copying that occurs as part of that use) in the normal manner and may also print one copy of any page within the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You must not add any content to the Site:
- unless you hold all necessary rights, licences and consents to do so;
- that would cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule, code or other legal obligation;
- that is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy;
- that would bring LifePsyche, or the Site, into disrepute; or
- that infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person.
- The Site contains links to other websites as well as content added by people other than us. We do not endorse, sponsor or approve any such user generated content or any content available on any linked website.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- we retain complete editorial control over the Site and may alter, amend or cease the operation of the Site at any time in our sole discretion; and
- the Site will not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time (including for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance purposes).
2. Intellectual Property Rights
- Nothing in these Terms constitutes or may be deemed to constitute a transfer of any intellectual property rights. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and us, we own all intellectual property rights in the Site.
- By posting or adding any content onto the Site, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable right and licence to use that content in any way (including, without limitation, by reproducing, changing, and communicating the content to the public) and permit us to authorise any other person to do the same thing.
- You consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner.
- The licence in clause 2.2 will survive any termination of these Terms.
- You represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights to grant the licences and consents set out in clauses 2.2 and 2.3
- You represent and warrant to us that:
- you have the legal capacity to enter these Terms; and
- you have complied and will at all times continue to comply with clause 1.3.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability in respect of loss of data, interruption of business or any consequential or incidental damages.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these Terms.
- These Terms are to be read subject to any legislation which prohibits or restricts the exclusion, restriction or modification of any implied warranties, conditions, guarantees or obligations. If such legislation applies, to the extent possible, we limit our liability in respect of any claim to, at our option:
- in the case of goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of having the goods repaired, and
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- These Terms terminate automatically if, for any reason, we cease to operate the Site.
- We may otherwise terminate these Terms immediately, by notice to you, if you have breached these Terms in any way.
- You must not assign, sublicence or otherwise deal in any other way with any of your rights under these Terms.
- If a provision of these Terms are invalid or unenforceable it is to be read down or severed to the extent necessary without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Each party must at its own expense do everything reasonably necessary to give full effect to this Agreement and the events contemplated by it.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of Queensland and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
LifePsyche Patient Information and Terms of Service
The purpose of these Terms of Service is to set out what a patient can expect when consulting a LifePsyche professional and to inform the patient of their rights and obligations as a patient.
Patient Appointment Details
|Date & Time:||As scheduled by the patient.|
|Address:||60 Hume Street, Norman Park (Cnr McIlwraith Avenue)|
General Appointment Information
|Cost:||One-hour consultations are $210 and half-hour consultations are $125 when consulting a clinical psychologist. One-hour consultations are $160 and half-hour consultations are $100 when consulting a registered psychologist. Fees are payable at the end of the session by cash, cheque, Eftpos, or credit card. Credit card payments will incur a $2 charge. If a patient cannot pay for their session on the date of service, we would prefer the patient reschedule their appointment to a time when they are able to pay.
Reduced rate services and bulk-billing are determined on an individual patient basis, and only in situations of genuine financial hardship.
A 1-hour session includes 50-minutes for assessment and/or consultation and 10 minutes for debriefing, setting homework, taking payment, and finalising notes.
|Rebates:||If the patient is referred on a Medicare-rebated Mental Health Care Plan by their GP, the rebate will be $124.50 if they are consulting a clinical psychologist, and $84.80 if they are consulting a registered psychologist. These amounts are rebated on the day of service into the patient’s bank account. To receive this rebate, the patient must have an Eftpos card to accept the rebate into their bank account. Once the patient reaches their Medicare Safety Net, their rebate will increase to 85% of the full fee.
If the patient is referred on a GP Team Management Plan their rebate is $52.90.
If the patient is a member of a private health fund, they will be eligible for a rebate if they are covered for psychological and/or dietetic services. As this varies depending on the cover, we suggest that patients contact their health fund to determine their rebate eligibility.
|Cancellation:||If for any reason a patient needs to cancel or postpone their appointment, we prefer that they give the practice at least 24 to 48 hours’ notice. Otherwise, the patient will be charged as follows:
If the patient cancels an appointment and gives us more than forty- eight (48) hours notice then they will not be charged a cancellation fee.
If the patient cancels an appointment and gives less than 48 hours, but more than 24 hours notice, and we cannot put someone in their scheduled time, the patient will be charged 50% of the full fee.
If the patient cancels an appointment and gives us less than twenty four (24) hours notice and we cannot place another patient in their scheduled time slot, the patient will be charged 100% of the full fee.
|Parking:||Free on-street parking is available at the practice Policies and Documentation|
|Fact Sheets:||A Fact Sheet for Accessing Mental Health or Chronic Health Services with an Allied Health Professional is available on our website. This offers information on Medicare rebates and the Medicare safety net threshold that has been found useful by many of our patients.|
For further information on nutrition, health and weight management, patients can like our Facebook page. Alternatively, they can take a moment to have a look at the LifePsyche website:
If a patient has any questions about any of the information provided, they are encouraged to contact LifePsyche 3843 1750 before their appointment.
We would like to remind patients to complete the client intake and consent form prior to their first appointment. Alternatively, a consent form can be provided for patients at their first consultation which they can then sign. These forms can also be emailed to clients.
Thank-you for making an appointment with LifePsyche. We look forward to meeting you!
On behalf of
Dr Anita Cochrane (Clinical Psychologist & Accredited Practising Dietitian)